We all want our favorite Fogg Scent Collections to last all day on our skin. Most of us relate the duration of a perfume to its price, assuming that an expensive perfume will last longer than a cheap one. But what to do if even an expensive high-concentration perfume fades from your skin too quickly?
Why are some fragrances short-lived on the skin? What to do to make the perfume last longer?
The main cause is usually dry skin. The cutaneous sebum acts as a natural fixative for the perfume. If you have dry skin, do not despair, we advise you what you can do to make your perfume last longer.
1) When our skin releases perfume molecules into the air, we perceive the aroma with our smell. This process is activated by heat, so it is advisable to apply the perfume to the hottest areas of the body. They are the inside parts of the wrists, the elbows or the sides of the neck. Touching these points feels the pulse.
2) To fix the fragrance on the skin we have a trick: apply a little cream without perfume on the points where the pulse beats. For that Vaseline Original Vaseline l works very well. Thanks to its dense texture, just apply a small amount of the product. Next, apply the perfume.
Other causes include dry ambient air (in air-conditioned rooms), excessive sweating, stress, etc. All these factors are independent of our will, but there are tricks to mitigate their negative effects.
1) Smear some of the perfume on your clothes instead of applying it to the skin. You will see that it will last much longer. It is a good suggestion especially for hot summer days when we sweat more than usual and the perfume fades faster from the skin. Another option is to lightly spray the hair with the perfume. In this case, you have to be careful when applying it, since the perfume contains alcohol that can dry out or damage the hair.
2) If the aforementioned tips do not convince you, you can always resort to a trick that never fails : simply, repeat the application of the perfume every time you see it necessary. To avoid having to carry the perfume bottle with you, separate a small amount of the perfume and fill with it a refillable perfume atomizer that you can carry in your bag without taking up much space.
Other tips to make your perfume last longer
1) Avoid storing perfumes in humid places, exposed to high temperatures or sunlight. The mentioned factors negatively influence the quality of perfumes. Before storing your perfume in the bathroom, store it in a dark, dry and cold place, eg in a closet.
2) Many people often apply perfumes to the inside of their wrists and rub them. The heat generated by the rubbing evaporates the volatile molecules of the perfume, the so-called top notes, thus accelerating the entry of the heart notes. In this way, a whole phase in the evolution of the perfume is lost and, in turn, the duration of the perfume is reduced.
The safest thing in terms of the duration of the perfume is to bet on quality. Quality perfumes stand out for their higher concentration of essential oils and high-quality ingredients. By choosing Fogg Scents you cannot take a wrong step. They are unmistakable and timeless fragrances and their duration is extraordinary. All Fogg Scent Collections are famous for their long duration. And finally, who wouldn’t want to have an original and unique fragrance?